The Global Water Center is a unique center offering the public educational information on sustainability while serving as the operational headquarters for Global Water’s Palo Verde Utilities Company and Santa Cruz Water Company.
The center is was the first LEED certified utility facility in Pinal County. This project is a showcase for water reclamation and reuse. To help obtain the LEED certification and promote green construction, insulated concrete forms were used in construction. The forms contain up to 85% recycled product and resulted in minimum construction waste.
- Class A Office
- 8 Interactive Educational Display Cases in Lobby
- 1st Dual Plumbed Building
- Use Non-Potable Water for Irrigation and Toilets
- Water Use Reduced 80%
- Recycled Building Materials
- Natural Lighting
- High-Efficiency Heating and Air Conditioning
- Comprehensive structural systems designed using 3D structural modeling software
- Value engineering
- Construction administration
- Special structural inspections
- Gravity System: Steel Frame & ICF Walls
- Lateral System: ICF Walls